How many of us have lived in India and keep hearing and going to places. An interesting question is how well we know the Indian cities, their culture, their history and their landmarks on the pages of time. The quiz today is about Indian cities. Each question has 3 statement about one of the cities in India and you have to identify the name of the city.
- My modern history as a settlement city started with a mud brick fort built for Vijayenagaran Empire in 1537.
- I suffered a major plague outbreak reducing my population drastically in 1898
- I was a center of the British Colonial Rule in the south of India, was the first city in India to have electric power.
1-Which city am I?
- My name when traced back to origin and translated from Sanskrit means City of Virtue.
- I was seized by the British in November 1817 in battle of Kirkee
- A permanent war academy was commenced and the foundation stone was laid by the first Prime Minister of India, Pt Jawaharlal Nehru on 6 October 1949 in this city
2-Which city am I?
- My history altered by an Operation whose name was based on a sport involving humans and animals.
- I have a namesake in Pakistan
- P V Narasimha Rao, Sharmila Tagore, Shyam Benegal all share a connect with me
3-Which city am I?
- My name signifies the Place of Wealth and Abundance
- I became a part of Republic of India by a covenant signed by my ruler with the Indian Government in 1947
- I was showered huge international attention when it was decided to poison the stray dogs on my street which were in a ratio 1:9 with people.
4-What city am I?
- I am an Indian non capital city, I derive my name from Hindu Mythology from a Holy Demon which was killed by Lord Vishnu by turning it into rock. I have namesakes in Republic of Niger and Nigeria also.
- I was part of the state ruled by three kings named ChandraGupta from 400 BC to 500 AD
- I am the place for the salvation of the Hindu Souls.
5-Which city am I?
- I was diecalred as a district by the British in 1803, this is the second largest city in the Hindi Speaking belt.
- I was captured from British by one of the legendary rulers during the Rebellion of 1857
- Also known as Manchester of East, this is how I looked in a painting drawn years back by a british artist.
6-Which city am I?
[contact-form 2 “Quiz Results”]
You can also mail your responses directly to email@example.com
Answers from the Quiz #1 Indian Politics
The correct Answers are-
1- Jaswant Singh, He succeeded Manmohan Singh, an Oxford and Cambridge Alum as Finance Minister in year 1996 and then was succeeded by P Chidambram in the same year. His latest controversial book launch happened in Teen Murti bhawan which led to his debacle in BJP affecting his entire political career.
2- The other two presidents are Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan and Dr. Zakir Hussain
3- The President of India.
4- ATS Chief Late Hemant Karkare, who was killed during the terrorist attacks on Mumbai on November 26, 2008.
5- Westminster system
6- Transfer of Power, Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru taking the reigns of India from the British.
I got 38 entries answering this quiz but none of them were all correct answers. However the first 5 entries with 5 out of 6 correct answers are as following (Not in any specific order)-
2- Amit S
3- Fagun Bhavasar
4- Shipra Awasthi
If you want me to link the names to your blog or twitter please send a mail to the above mentioned id will link the same.
1- Each quiz will have a theme and there would be a set of questions relating to that theme.
2- The comments for the post have been disabled please use the send button on the form to submit answers.
3- This is not a contest and there are no prizes however the Top 5 entries would be acknowledged on the blog.
4- Last date for receiving the entries with answers is the next day up to (up to 11.00 AM).
5- In case of tied scores or any conflict, my discretion would remains final.
6- I have the right to terminate this quiz at any point of time.