This was a tag started by Bhai with Chai and I read it first on Nidhi’s Blog. This is not a proper tag and how it has been propagated is a different story. The idea was to relate it to incidents happened to you correlating these values, Bhai wanted to us to pick up one value, Nidhi didn’t specified to do so. So to make this post a bit of my kind I will skip the stories which just might sound like the MiracleNet televesion where they come up with sound like he is so humble etc etc.
I tried to think a lot and I remembered a lot of stories correlating to a lot of values have actually made me think of about them in a particular way. I will try to put in words what I think of these values which more or less define a moral scorecard of a person. The readers are cautioned that the post is produced by yours truly’s cynical self. So it represents the biased view of the world and is not meant to be taken too seriously.
1. Respect: is like short selling you have to spend before you can earn any.
2. Flexibility: is the argument to make you do things you didn’t wanted to in the first place.
3. Love: is like a Long Island Ice Tea; a very quick and elongated emotional high.
4. Trust: is the first step for getting betrayed
5. Confidence: is the thin rope lining for one to balance. Need just the right amount; over or under and you’re gone
6. Generosity: is the sentiment of the bullish markets where everyone feels they are rich.
7. Mercy: is the virtue which can be only possessed by the powerful
8. Obedience: Is the fear of crossing the line & the consequences of it.
9. Patience: glorified procrastination
10. Caring: is the feeling which makes you a child again.
11. Assertiveness: is a way to say no in a way that people like it.
12. Forgiveness: is the inability to take actions against.
13. Excellence: is a perennial tryst where the bar is always raised up and above.
14. Responsibility: is one which generally precedes the blame.
15. Orderliness: Monica Chandler Bing!!!!!
16. Justice: Capitalism
17. Enthusiasm: is a depreciating asset, enthusiasm for most part loses its value with time.
18. Honesty: or Truth is the bully we all pretend to like (From Shantaram)
19. Peace: George Bush & Laden locked in the same room
20. Creativity: is immeasurable and non comparable
21. Honor : Ability to stand up for own respect.
22. Humility: is the hot IPO which everyone wants to subscribe and sell it as soon as it lists. Only few buy & hold.
23. Reliability: is the ability to stand up for other’s expectation.
24. Detatchment: is moving on in life without being tied to possessions and peoples
25. Unity: is a virtue which surfaces in the tough times.